MTEC understands the importance of sharing technical requirements as soon as possible with both members and to potential consortium members in order to allow the maximum possible time to prepare, team, and identify both public and private solicitation sponsors. Draft Request for Project Proposals will be shared via email upon request and this website. Understand that this information is draft in nature and changes could occur prior to publication of final documents. For specific Request for Project Information or Request for Project Proposal inquiries, please direct your correspondence to the following contacts:
- Questions concerning contractual, cost or pricing should be directed to the MTEC Contracts Manager, Ms. Lisa Fisher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical related questions should be directed to the MTEC Director of Research, Dr. Lauren Palestrini, Ph.D., email@example.com
- Questions concerning membership should be directed to Ms. Stacey Lindbergh, MTEC Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other questions should be directed to Ms. Kathy Zolman, MTEC Program Manager, email@example.com
Potential Topics of Upcoming Funding Opportunities in 2018 or 2019
The Medical Technology Enterprise Consortium (MTEC) is excited to provide a list of potential topics that may result in upcoming funding opportunities in 2018 or 2019.
Technology Focus Areas
MTEC is interested in projects within the technology focus areas described below. In particular, MTEC is seeking projects in the specific areas of interest highlighted within each technology focus area. Proposed projects must be based on logical reasoning and sound scientific rationale.
Please note that proposals are not to be exploratory in nature and require a foundation of preliminary data.
The following list of potential topics is not exhaustive and is subject to change.
- Infectious Disease
- Systems biology approaches to combat antimicrobial resistance
- Clinical and Rehabilitative Medline
- Prevention and treatment of volumetric muscle loss
- Therapies to maximize rehabilitation after service-related neuromusculoskeletal injuries
- Pain management
- Medical Simulation
- Augmented reality
- IT infrastructure to support joint evacuation efforts
- Military Operational Medicine
- Telehealth approaches to behavioral sleep intervention
- Physiological wearable sensors
- Combat Casualty Care
- Drug treatment for traumatic brain injury
- Medical autonomous and unmanned capabilities
- Medical and surgical robotics
- Virtual health
- Prolonged field care/en route care
- Hemorrhage and resuscitation therapies
- Artificial intelligence
The MTEC mission is to assist the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command (USAMRMC) by providing cutting-edge technologies and effective materiel lifecycle management to transition to industry innovative medical solutions that protect, treat, and optimize warfighter health and performance across the full spectrum of military operations. MTEC is a biomedical technology consortium collaborating with multiple government agencies under a 10-year renewable Other Transaction Agreement (OTA) with the U.S. Army Medical Research Acquisition Activity (USAMRAA) (Agreement No. W81XWH-15-9-0001). MTEC is currently recruiting a broad and diverse membership that includes representatives from large businesses, small businesses, academic research institutions, and not-for-profit organizations.
Membership in MTEC is required for the submission of a full proposal in response to this upcoming MTEC RPP. To join MTEC, please visit http://mtec-sc.org/how-to-join/.
For inquiries, please contact: