Solicitations for research projects are issued by MTEC. Resulting projects are awarded to MTEC members.
1) Ideas for research originate from the Government, MTEC membership, or non-members (e.g., industry, academic, philanthropic organizations).
2) Members and non-members develop and submit Project Information summaries.
3) Government and Private sponsors review all project ideas along with sponsor technology requirements to generate research solicitations.
4) Research solicitations are released to members and non-members.
5) MTEC members may submit proposals.
6) Sponsors evaluate the proposals and select awardees.
The MTEC process includes a “basket” provision that permits holding proposals that are approved but unfunded for up to two years.
Solicitation Development Process
MTEC Basket Provision